Thursday, November 12, 2009

Won Altpick Award : New Media : Second Place!!!!

YAAAAAY!!! I am still jumping with joy, have lots of goose bumps!! Super fresh news I JUST received from the Altpick founder Maria Ragusa-Burfield; my Dubai Skyline illustration for Wassla Weekly won the Second Place in New Media category~!!! Since I Really LOVE this piece, I am SO HAPPY to receive such an honorable recognition!! Thank YOU again, Maria, for the creation of Altpick and your friendly communication, and the Juries for choosing my artwork~!!
You can see all the 2009 winners here! The artwork will be in *Altpick Awards booklet* early next year ;D

HUGE THANKS goes to Ari Kushimoto who designed this fabulous website and decorated beautifully around my art which makes the artwork look much better! and Nasrin Shah Abushakra, the founder of Wassla Weekly, who worked SO hard to make this happen and she successfully created such a beautiful & educational website for Dubai!!
And even more surprisingly, today is Nasrin's Birthday!! This is all meant to be!! Happy FANTAAASTIC Birthday to YOU, Nasriiiiin :D
I really appreciate your phone call, Nasrin! Wonderful talking with you~!! Celebrating this special day from Boston the city you love ;D

1 comment: