Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thai cooking class with Emilie Hardman!

I Love Green Papaya Salad. Whenever I go to a Thai restaurant, I order Green Papaya Salad and Pad Thai. That's my regular order ;D When I saw a posting about Boston Vegetarian Society inviting Emilie Hardman from Conscious Kitchen for Thai cooking class and one of the dishes was Green Papaya Salad, I was sold!!
Here is Emilie, who has such a warm personality and positive energy, holding a perfect "Green" Papaya! :D
Here is her recipe for "Som Tam" (Green Papaya Salad)!
It is essential to use a mortar and pestle to mash and grind the vegetables until papaya softened and its color turns more transparent. That is the key to make yummy Som Tam! Now I know many restaurants omit this part because most of the Green Papaya Salad I see doesn't have transparent color like this.
Me and my new friends: mortar and pestle ;D This requires a lots of energy and time! Now I have a new respect to Green Papaya Salad ;)))

No comments:

Post a Comment