Monday, February 14, 2011

TAKARA Magazine Cover design & Interview :D

TAKARA Magazine is a free Japanese paper in Boston! If you are Japanese, you should know this super useful & fun magazine! :D Thanks to Yasuko-san, my artwork will be on the cover throughout this year! Woohooo!!
Yasuko-san liked my Mt. Fuji collage "Japanese Energy - I am Passion" because it's very New Year's festive "O-shougatsu" look, and chose for New Year January cover ;D
Below is my interview article! You can click the image to read in Japanese.  Thank YOU Soo Soooo Much, Yasuko-san, for such a wonderful article which gives me more energy & smiles each day ;)))
So, you might be thinking what's up with this mask?! :P This was made for Harvard Masquerade Ball party organized by HESA - Harvard Extension Student Association!  The awesome President Philip Harding & his sweet wife Rachelle Harding and the HESA team made this event so much fun with cool music & delicious dessert!!  
So for the Harvard Masquerade Ball, you have to bring your own mask to wear. This was my first time to make a masquerade mask! With Brandon's help, first I made my mask shape with sculpey clay and baked it in the oven, then colored it with silver spray paint. In the picture below, I am putting shiny rhinestones! Also I incorporated our beloved chicken feathers, sprayed in hot pink, neon green and silver. The flower was white but again sprayed in hot pink! Yeah you know my favorite color is ;P
The below picture was taken by a school photographer Evgenia Eliseeva who has great energy and took many pictures at the event! She made everyone comfortable in front of the camera and here is one of the pictures at the event! Thank you sooo much, Evgenia! :D
I really enjoyed wearing this mask and made me want to wear it every day! Brandon is wearing a safety mask which he got an idea when he was spraying my mask! It turned out to be a such a cool mask ;P
Above is the cool Harvard Masquerade Ball poster and 13 Harvard School logos!

No comments:

Post a Comment